Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Priyamani still looking for Mr Right

Priyamani dismisses rumours of her impending marriage plans and talks about her next Kannada film

Priyamani has her hands full. The actor has almost wrapped up the shoot for her two Kannada films — Vishnuvardhana opposite Sudeep and Lakshmi with Shivraj Kumar, and has just signed her next Kannada project, Koko. It was during the shoot of Lakshmi, that filmmaker Adi Narayana, came up with the script of Koko. “I loved the storyline and immediately agreed to do the film,” she says. “Later, Adi briefed me about Chandru, who will be donning the director’s cap for this film. His last film Mylari, had Shivraj Kumar and Sada in the lead, and was widely appreciated by the audience. I am not very familiar with Kitty either, who is the lead actor of the film, but I consider this an opportunity to get to know another person. Kitty’s recent release, Sanju Weds Geetha, is the talk of the town today. So, why not?”

The most exciting part of the new film is the fact that she will be wearing just one costume for most of the film. “I have not done this before and it sounds very interesting,” she says. “Also, I’m really looking forward to working with Chandru.”

Now that the actor has made a name for herself in the southern film industry, she is contemplating her future plans and is hoping to turn director too. “My friends have been asking me to take up film direction. But I still have a long way to go and have enough time ahead to take it up. As of now, I only have acting on my mind. One day, I will definitely take up direction as I have always wanted to work behind the camera.”

Ask her about the rumours about her alleged romance with Telugu actor Sumanth and she says, “Sumanth and I are good friends and my family knows him very well. There’s no romance brewing between us. Love and marriage can wait as I am still looking for Mr Right and haven’t found him yet. Tying the knot is a distant dream.” [Photo Shoot]






.
.